11/18/07

Renaissance Festival

Still no new cards to post but I do have one cool thing:













We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday in Huntersville and it was wonderful! This is a photo of the Green Man - this guy was dressed like a tree and walked around the festival. It was awesome to see! I blurred the girls faces because I don't know who they are, this was the only opportunity I had to get a photo and they just happened to be in it.

So many people come to the festival dressed in period clothes, too. I have wanted a full length cape as long as I can remember and they did have some there but the prices were way outside my budget. So, my sweet hubby took me to Hancock Fabrics and I found a pattern and some nice fabric - on sale, too! I think I do need some lining fabric, though - I wasn't going to line them, but it would be easier to line them than to sew a hem around those really long edges. Now I will see if I remember as much about sewing as I think I do, after over 20 years of not sewing! He also bought a beautiful red rose for me from one of the vendors at the festival - he's such a sweetie.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to go, it was mucho fun. Food, shopping, entertainment, and
even the village idiot. My favorite was the Ded Bob Sho. No, I didn't misspell it, that's the real name of it - he's a dead pirate skeleton. You had to be there, it was hilarious. We didn't get to see the jousting or all of the shows, we got there a little late in the afternoon and they close up at 5pm. Anyway, if you get a chance to go to one, I highly recommend it! We will be going back next year for sure.

I am going to try to get to some Christmas card stamping today. I have been browsing your blogs and SCS and have a ton of good ideas (thank you all very much!), some new stamps and papers and I should be good to go. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.