11/25/07

Thank You

I did find a little time for stamping over this holiday weekend. We went over to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and had a wonderful time. I thought I'd make a nice card to thank them for sharing their home and their Thanksgiving with us - this is what I decided on:


It's a total CASE (yes, another one) from here. Too cute! The turkey is made with the SU scallop circle punch. His feet and wattle (isn't that what you call his wiggly chin thing?) are made with EK Success Paper Shaper flower punches. The Thank You is from a Michael's $1 clear set and the border around it is PaperTrey Borders and Corners (rectangles) set. I also used a flower from one one the $1 sets to stamp on his "feathers" with Versamark - just to add a little interest. Behind the turkey is the Baroque Motifs large swirly stamp, stamped with SU Marigold Morning.

As for the early Merry Christmas, we stopped by HH Gregg this afternoon just to check prices on 42" flat panel TVs and ended up with a new camera (for me, thank you, sweetie!), new bed (at last!! ours is only about 18 years old, practically brand new!), a new 42" LG HDTV, AND a Bose surround system....for a whole lot less $$ than we thought. So, on Christmas morning hubby will be opening a package of underwear and socks, and maybe if I get lucky I will get some candy. It's ok, we always do this and at these prices we couldn't resist. I did leave the totally cool - and huge - refrigerator there, it could have been worse!

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and have recovered from their turkey and pumpkin pie comas :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.