12/27/07

A couple of new cards

I gave my husband a Lowe's gift card - with Jimmie Johnson on it, of course, he's a big fan. At the checkout the cashier noticed Jimmie Johnson on the card as well as on the hat I bought and asked if I was a fan. I said, "No, my husband is - I like Tony Stewart". She covered her ears and laughed. For those of you who don't follow NASCAR - Jimmie Johnson drives the Lowes car and Tony Stewart drives the Home Depot car. Can you see the conflict here?? Anyway, I had to make something to put it in and I found the instructions for this gift card holder on Julie's blog - Paper Pleasing Ideas - but I left off the belly band and just used ribbon instead. I am lousy at bow tying so the belly band would have worked better, I think. I used a Lasting Impressions stencil and gold embossing paste for the tree and sprinkled it with glitter while it was still wet. Super easy!


The inside of the card - the tree and holly are Stampendous Class a Peels:


And this is the birthday card for one of my fellow addicted stampers in our Friday Night Stamping group. Apparently it was a challenge on SCS but since I don't participate in those, I saw it on Artistic Avenger's blog and just changed it up a bit to suit the occasion. I will be making more of these, I really like this design! The colors are much better in person, the brown is much richer. I really need to learn Photoshop a little better! I also entered this card in a chance for blog candy at StampingDiva's Stampin Up blog!

The stamp is an SU from the Riveting set and the scallop circle is an SU punch. I used my ScorPal to score the channel for the ribbon - that is an excellent tool, I really love it! I used it to make a box the other night but it was just out of scrap cardstock. It was really easy to use - I am impressed. When I make a pretty box worthy of public viewing I will post it here.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and didn't overdo on the goodies (like we did).
We usually stay home
for New Years Eve, out of the craziness, and watch Dick Clark in NY - what are your plans for New Years Eve?

10 comments:

  1. I love both of these cards! ...and I am a Matt Kenseth fan myself - lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the blog candy!
    Misty in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story about Jmmie vs. Tony! Great job on the gift card holder and the sketch challenge card is cute too. You should play the challenge on SCS!

    - Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love the riveting card! Great colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card holder card!? You know the one.lol.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your riveting card is so cute! I would never have thought to make the channel to put the ribbon in. It gives it a really unique look and I bet it sits nicely in there. Great idea!!! I'll have to give it a try with my Scor-Pal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors on your Riveting card...wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards. Love your pocket one! Clever and soo well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards, I love the reviting card and it's colors.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.