12/10/07

Not feeling much like Christmas...

here in NC! It was 80 degrees today - it was wonderful! It is all supposed to change this weekend so I am enjoying it while it lasts. I did get a few more cards done, and some halfway decent photos taken. I don't know why they look fine in the camera but when I get them into Photoshop they look awful. Well, not awful, but alot darker than they looked in the camera. The first one is almost an exact CASE from Eleanor's Stamping Blog. I saw it and had to make it, period. I changed it up a little but not much at all. I colored the main image with Copic markers and embossed it with Diamond Sparkle, used red Stampendous Dot Sparklers for the holly berries and in the center is some really cool ruffled ribbon I found at Michael's. Other than that, it's the same card! I love this one so much I don't even want to give it away! I should have just made all of my cards like this and quit. But oh, NO, not me. Guilt got the best of me and I have to at least ink up those new stamps!



This is a variation on one of the Great Impressions Stamp of the Month Board cards. I used a different verse (Penny Black) and added Stickles for the holly berries (I love sparkly things!). I am a total dork when it comes to tying bows, but this is the best thing since sliced bread - it's called a Bow Easy and I got it at my LSS. It takes a little practice, but once you get it your bows are perfect! There is a video on how to use it here but it goes by really quickly, so you may need to watch it more than once.


Stampendous again, in blue and white. I am still not good at this combination but I'm trying! I may try this one again and use gold ink and embossing powder instead of the diamond sparkle. I like these but they don't make me go yippee, KWIM?



Hero Arts tree, same embossing powder and blue dot sparklers this time. More blue and white, with a little silver thrown in behind the sentiment. Hmmm.


I have a few more done, but need to get photos of them. If any of you Stamper's Alley ladies are reading this... one of these just might show up in your mailbox - you've been warned. If it does, just act surprised, ok? I am working on a new set of cards tonight and then I need to move on to treat boxes and the cookie swap this Friday. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. All the cards are wonderful! I think I might still get some made and sent out. hummm.....maybe that is wishful thinking?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are fantastic.
    I love the blue/silver one with the blue sparkes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all of your Christmas Cards, they are soooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.