3/1/08

A couple of cards and some enabling

I did manage to make a couple of cards, same design different colors. Yes, I suppose that's my thing - find a design I like and wear it out! I just adore this little cupcake stamp, though, and it looked so yummy with the chocolate icing I couldn't help but make another!

cupcakepurple cupcakegreen

The stamp is from Great Impressions and I used my new Swiss Dot CB embossing folder - I love that thing! I colored the image with Copic markers and added Stardust Stickles for the sprinkles on the icing and a little to the candle, too. The little flowers are from Hero Arts, the paper is American Crafts.

Now for some enabling. I can't take all of the credit, thought, because I saw these buckets of flowers on Lauren's blog and again on Misti's blog - who can resist after seeing them twice??? Obviously not me. There are a whole bunch of flowers in these cans for $4.99 AND I used the 40% (Michaels) online coupon, so I did good. They were on an end cap in the bridal department. I was all prepared for an argument with the cashier but she took the coupon without a problem - I was amazed.

bucketoflowers

While I was there I also found these goodies, too

flowersngems flowerjewels

The gems are in the jewelry department with the rhinestones and I apologize for being such a dork and not taking a photo of them in their original packaging. They are not self adhesive but could be attached with either glue dots or Glossy Accents, and probably even with the Quickie Glue Pen. This is only a portion of what was in the bag, there are bunches and in shapes that I have not seen in the self adhesive ones. The flowers were on clearance for $1.00 and again, this is only a portion of the package contents. They are silk and are made by Darice - aren't they just gorgeous? They have other colors as well but they weren't on sale - yet.

petals

I found these at AC Moore in the bridal section - 180 pieces in a box for $5.99, what a deal!! They are silk, too, and you would pay way more than that for that many Primas, that's for sure!

So there you have it - my contribution to your addiction. No thanks necessary, I'm always glad to be of service :-). I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

  1. What fun cards. I just love the cupcake images. Those flowers are great, I feel a trip to Michaels coming on.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those to cards - what wonderful goodies! Michael's - here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards , and thanks for the enabler alert , very cool stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are perfect, in both colors. I really need to get off this computer and make some cards!

    cindy.royal @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards. enablers I think thats another word for stamper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, I love the layout and the is great too. I love that embossing folder! WOW! look at those flowers - gorgeous!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dotted swiss folder looks so cute with the cupcakes. I LOVE these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards--those sketches are great--I would wear them out too!

    Thanks for the flowers tip! Think i need to go shopping!

    (btw--re:comment about gamsol--I am not sure if it loses effectiveness...I have had my first bottle for over a year and it is still fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous Jackie, you always find the coolest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! We don't have a Michael's here.

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cupcake stamp and the new CB folder. They look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards!! I love your new goodies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love both cards and thanks for the enabling but i got mine couple of weeks ago =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cards! I've seen those flowers are Michaels and have wondered whether or not to pick them up. I may just have to now, especially since I have a 40% off coupon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.