6/22/08

Summer Solstice Shopping Spree

Say that three times fast! Yesterday was Summer Solstice, the first day of summer, and the longest day of the year. Well, it still only contained 24 hours but more of those 24 were daylight hours than any other day :-). DH (he loves it when I call him that) decided we needed a day out of town so we drove over to Asheville for the day. He took me to A Stamp Artist Place and it was so good to see Maryella, it's been way too long!  Her shop is wonderful, she has lots of samples everywhere, ribbon, stamps, paper, flowers....I got lots of goodies. Then we went to lunch at the Mellow Mushroom! They have the best calzone, and there isn't a Mellow Mushroom over here, so of course we had to go there.  We did a little reminiscing around Asheville and headed back, but before we left I wanted to go to Michaels and AC Moore, just to see if they had different stuff than our stores. They did! I found a Martha Stewart EK Success punch that I haven't seen at Michaels here in a long time as well as the Prima flowers in tins that ours is always out of. I know, I have too many flowers already. I don't care - these were too beautiful to pass up.

At AC Moore I also found the most adorable...

june08-020

Yes, a CUPCAKE punch!!! It's by EK Success and is the size of the Whale of a Punch. Isn't it too cute??? Here are the rest of the goodies...

june08-018

And for those of you who think my workspace is always neat and tidy -

june08-021

It is a MESS! I have been making the MOW cards and need to clean it up some before I can make any more. I don't work well in a messy environment - I just can't focus. So, I will get to that in a while and hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Jackie I'm so sorry for being a bad blogging sister. I've had company from out of state for a while and I've not been around.

    I wanted to pop in and say "hi!" and let you know that your creations are all awesome! I love your new banner and all your cupcake goodies and cards!! I love cupcakes too, I just don't have any....
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thanks for sharing your space

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cupcake punch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You call that messy? You should be ashamed...it's still too clean - hehe. Love that punch and your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you're doing!

    Just want to let you know "you've been tagged!" Check out my blog and follow the instructions!!

    Have fun!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.