6/20/08

What is the world coming to?

Four posts in one week - wow! Don't get too comfortable, it probably won't happen again any time soon.

These are a few cards that I made for the local Meals on Wheels program. Brenda (Stamper's Alley) takes them up there every month and they tell us that the people really enjoy receiving them. I have been lazy about making any cards for them for a while now and I decided it was time to get back on track and quit hoarding so much stuff.

june08-006

They are all the same simple design, I just used different colors and different background stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Tiled Scallops and Tri Dots, and Papertrey Polka Dot basics. I did use the new Fiskars Lacy Days of Summer border punch and the same stamp on each one.The flowers are Primas and Imaginisce and I thought they added just the right touch. These were so easy and quick to make and I hope they will brighten someone's day a little bit.

june08-007 june08-011

june08-012 june08-010

If any of you Stamper's Alley customers are reading this, I am throwing down the gauntlet! Get out your stamps and ink and make a few cards for the Meals on Wheels people. Participation was very good when the program first started but has slacked off, I'm afraid. I am guilty of being a slacker, too, but I am going to do my best to keep on contributing on a more regular basis. We also collect cards for the troops overseas and I know those soldiers would be happy to receive something from home. I will get some done for them soon, too. They are both worthy causes, and I am glad to be able to give something, however small, that might bring a smile to someone's face.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, as always, Jackie. Each one has its own special embellishments and I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I love making single layer cards except for the embellishments and these are perfect. Love those backgrounds you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Jackie! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards--I can't believe they're backgrounders. Love them!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how your cards turned out. I have always liked stamped backgrounds and the CHF backgrounders are perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful and what a thoughtful thing to do for the MOW program.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.