8/27/08

I Like Shiny Things!

Ok, so these are more glittery and shimmery than shiny but I like those things, too.

These were a couple of birthday cards for friends with August birthdays and I needed to wait until they were received before I posted them (I think I've waited long enough).

 

aug08-023

Can you see the shimmery goodness here??

aug08-024_close

Recipe: Stampendous stamp, colored with Copics, Versamark applied to the whole image and embossed with Judikins Iridescent Sparkle powder. Lasting Impressions polka dot paper, Fiskars Threading Water border punch, adhesive gems, ribbon.

aug08-025

More shimmers

aug08-026_close

Recipe: MFT stamp colored with Copics, Versamarked and embossed with the same powder, BoBunny yellow polka dot paper, Papertrey Polka Dot Basics stamps, Palette Hybrid Canvas White ink, adhesive gems (Hero Arts).

aug08-020

I may have gone a little over the top with the blinginess on this one, with the gems in the corners, too, but I like it.

aug08-022_close

Recipe: Hero Arts stamps (main image and background) I'm not sure who makes the Happy Birthday stamp, Marvy markers for coloring the stamp before stamping, same drill as above, Palette Hybrid Canvas White ink, Hero Arts gems, SU photo corner punch.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Like always Jackie, your cards are beautiful....Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope you did not go over the edge with the corner bling... I loved it... absolutely beautiful... your work is sooo good...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just really love your birthday card all the way around. Great LO,
    colors and it made a beautiful card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the way the triangles hug the image - very snazzy!!
    Love the glitteryness too - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are awesome Jackie! Love that shimmery goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last one because of it colors and the sparkle. I love the one with the cake because of the bright colors and the sparkle. I love the first one because of the goodies and the sparkle. I guess you could say I like sparkle too, but your cards are great also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are all so beautiful. Thanks for sharing and giving some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the shimmer and love that stampendous stamp - on my wish list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie, these cards are GREAT! I love the sparkle!! And I don't think you "overdid" the bling! Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, love the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jackie, I found your blog while searching for info on the difference between the Big Shot and the Big Kick. I have a Zipemate and Wizard (and Robo) but neither are perfect, I find the Wizard hard to use with wrist problems and Xcaliber hasn't been launched yet.
    Wizard is no good on cut and fold dies, Zipemate is not good on Sizzlets and not so good on embossing.
    I can get either machine as a starter kit for just about the same price right now, I don't know which to go for but you say they are identical - is that in size and function? If so I would go for the pretty BS. I would appreciate your advice.

    I love your blog look by the way and the cards are very bright and cheerful too. I am going to look round later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that stampendous image, what a yummy card you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sparkles too and your cards are great! I was happy to see the reference to the shop out of Asheville. I go up there quite often (have a yearly pass to the Biltmore) but had not been there. I will have to check it out.
    I love Claire's in St. Augustine...she is so funny! I grew up in Jacksonville, so when I visit home, I try to make it to Claires. I really enjoyed seeing your works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.