10/31/08

Ghosties and Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night.....

 

And a witch or two here and there...

halloween3

I finally got the hang of the Michelle Zindorf sponging technique, or at least a good grasp of it. Her work is totally awesome and I have a long way to go, but this is a start. I found that the Marvy inks work best for me. I don't like to stamp with them very much because they bleed too much and bead up on most stamps. But for this technique, they work very well because they blend right into the paper. The right sponges make the difference, too - check out Michelle's blog for the details on that.

Stamps - Inkadinkado, bat ribbon - Michael's, paper - I forget.

halloween1

Another one using the sponging technique. Is it too busy? Did I go one embellishment too far?

Stamps - Hero Arts, Cloudy Moon stamp - A Stamp in the Hand, Martha Stewart EK Success punches (bat and fence), Punch Bunch ghost punch, paper - I forget.

halloween2

This one was brayered with Kaleidacolor ink onto glossy paper. I forgot how much fun that is.

Stamp - Inkadinkado, Cloudy Moon stamp - A Stamp in the Hand, Martha Stewart EK Success Drippy Goo punch, spider web - cheap Halloween confetti from Michael's, Lasting Impressions paper (for the card itself).

 

halloween6

This one was fun, once I figured out what to do with this house stamp. I made several of these and may make a few more yet. The swirly bats and moon are very sparkly, and the windows are glittered up with Stickles. I love the shiny, glittery things. I colored the house with Prismacolor and Kooh-i-Noor pencils then blended them with Gamsol. The roof is paper pieced with the same paper that is on the first card. I also used the fence punch for the fence on the top of the roof. Is it a fence, or does it have another name? Why would you want a fence on your roof anyway?

Stamps - My Favorite Things (house and verse), Inkadinkado (swirly bats), Punch Bunch ghost punch, You-know-who's witch punch, Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder on the bats, and the sparkly moon was punched from a sheet of glitter paper, the bat is cut from the bat ribbon, Stickles Yellow Glitter Glue on the windows, spider web - cheap Halloween confetti again.

halloween5

I may have gone more than one embellishment too far on this one. Same house as above but I tried the Printworks Cloud Template and don't quite have the hang of it yet. Knowing when to stop might be a good place to start, you think? It's was a dark and stormy night, what can I say? I colored the "yard" with Copic markers, added a little dead grass and a path to the front door. I think the moon should have been bigger and leaving off the ghosts might have improved it a little, too. The house was colored the same way as the one above, pencils and Gamsol.

Well, that's it for Halloween this year. I hope everyone had a good one and didn't eat too much leftover candy!

5 comments:

  1. These are really great! Love them! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie.. your cards are awesome.. love the effect you got on these.. gotta give it a try one day myself. thanks for posting them. Happy Halloween! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun cards! I love them all, and thanks for the funnies at the beginning!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these cards, Jackie! Each one has something so unique and creative about it, from the bat ribbon, the bat and fence, gooey punch, and the great houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your Halloween cards, expecially the brayered one. That's something I've never quite mastered and you did brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.