10/4/08

It's a Miracle!

Long time, no post, I know. I've been lazy, enjoying this fabulous Fall weather we are having and not stamping much. I did have a class today at Stamper's Alley and since it is World Cardmaking Day (if you didn't know you must be living on a desert island!) I thought I'd post a card that I made for a friend's birthday recently.

JoysCard2

Not much stamping involved here, just the sentiment from MFT and a little doodling around the edge of the Spellbinders tag. Add some flowers, a brad, some ribbon, and a CB folder, and there you have it - a birthday card.

I finally broke down and bought new tables for my stamping space. I couldn't find them anywhere locally so I searched online and although I never did find them at the same (low) price we paid 2 years ago, I did find them - or ones very, very similar. They are folding tables by Cosco (not Costco) and don't have the 45 degree braces underneath, so it's easier to fit Iris carts under them. It's nice to have a continuous work surface at last and I even did a little bit of reorganizing.

computerdesk               

I'm getting used to having the keyboard on top of the desk since I had it in a pull out keyboard drawer for so long, but I think it'll be ok this way. I did have to get a new wireless keyboard and mouse (I really did have to!) so wires wouldn't be running all over the place on top of the table and I love them.

 cutting

Before

corner

After - much better

stamping

All of my big background stamps are on the second shelf, turned at an angle so I can see them easily and to save space as well. I put all of my flowers into little Dollar Store containers on the shelf above, and sweet DH trimmed 4" off of the top 3 shelves for me because I just didn't need shelves that deep anymore.

flowers

Dollar Store containers

 diecutting 

A closer view of my die cutting station - I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have the Big Shot on a stable surface instead of on a board resting on 2 Iris carts that moved every time I cut something. I have my Nestability dies in one of the brown baskets (in CS cases) and my CB folders in the other.

It's amazing how such a seemingly small change can make such a huge difference. One other thing I did was take down all of the brads, eyelets, etc. that I had hanging on the ends of the shelves and put them in a couple of baskets. It just felt too cluttered with them hanging all over the place. The other thing I like about these table is that now they go from corner to corner on the wall under my stamps so if bad little kitties (not bad, just curious) get in here again they can't knock my markers, or anything else, behind the tables!

That's it for me today and I wish you all a Happy World Cardmaking Day! I will have some blog candy to post next week so do check back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Wow,Jackie! It looks great - so neat. How many table do you have lined up? I have been working on some organization this weekend also, but still have a ways to go.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Jackie, you are just uninvited to my house to see my craft room. LOLOL Just teasing. Also the card is really really prety. So pretty, in fact, that I thought that was a special technique with ribbons. The flowers are lovely too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog
    i can only dream of neatness like that craftroom LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so pretty and organized! TFS your wonderful workspace.

    I love your birthday card! I love that e.f., but have not purchased it. Now I REALLY want it :)

    It was great seeing you at Stamper's Alley on Friday. I sure wish I could have spent more time there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I literally just turned green from looking at your stamping room! Not sick; jealousy! So much, so organized, so tidy! *standing ovation*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.