10/29/08

Negativity can be a good thing

Well, negative frames anyway. I saw a tutorial for these on ScrapnExtras blog and had to give it a shot. They were pretty easy to do and can be changed up to fit any occasion. I will probably be making more of these to have on hand for those times when I procrastinate about making a card for an upcoming event or occasion. I should probably make lots of them, I'm a champion procrastinator! At least I'm good at something, right?

fall_happy 

Fall colors, I love this time of year! The polka dotted background is a PaperTrey stamp from the Polka Dot Basics set, the sentiment is SU, the leaf background on the orange piece is an unmounted wheel stamp - maybe a Rollagraph from Clearsnap, but it's so old I really don't remember. I unmount all of my wheel stamps and either put them on EZ Mount or use the Tack 'n' Peel on an acrylic block. I think it's so much easier to use them that way. The scallop at the bottom is a new MS/EK punch, and I used the SU Ticket Corner punch for the concave edges on the focal piece. SU Flower Fusion (I think that's what they are called) flowers in the center and the striped paper at the top is American Crafts. Easy as pie! Why is that an expression, though? I have never found pie easy to make. Easy to eat, yes, but not so much to make. Hmmmm.

 

pink_birthday

Same card, different colors. I used the PaperTrey polka dots again, but the flowers on the yellow piece are from Great Impressions. The scallop at the bottom is the SU scallop border punch. SU Flower Fusion flower in the center and the striped paper at the top is from DCWV, and is all glittery and sparkly.

I made another one in similar colors without any sentiment at all so I can insert whatever I need at the time. Clever? I know! TYVM :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love them both, Jackie! The first one is so vibrant and rich. The second one is regal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.