11/11/08

Fall is in the air...

and I felt like making a few cards with some lovely Fall colors. I love this time of year and all of the colors in the foliage here. The leaves are slowly falling off, though, and it's starting to look a little more like winter. Can't we just use some really good glue and glue the leaves back on? Maybe some red line tape would work. I wish they would stay on a little longer, they are just so beautiful! 

nov08 007
Stampendous stamp, colored with Copic markers, CB embossing folder, Michael's ribbon.


nov08 011

Same stamp, same markers, the background leaf stamps are Inkadinkado, and I used the Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor ink pad for the piece on the bottom. I stamped several whole sheets and cut them up as I needed them. Sometimes it's just fun to make some backgrounds - no stress, no pressure.

nov08 008

Inkadinkado stamp, CB embossing folder and leaf dies, Nestabilities scalloped circle die, Michael's ribbon.

nov08 012

Same Inkadinkado stamp, Papertrey Polka Dot Basics for the background, CB embossing border folder, MS/EK border punch, SU Ticket Corner punch, Hero Arts gems, misc. flowers.
I haven't decided whether I will send these out as Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Fall cards or just donate them to the Meals on Wheels people. I will try to make some more tomorrow and see what happens. I have more Fall-themed stamps (leaves, pumpkins, etc.) and want to ink them up, at least! I do need to get started on Christmas cards soon, too, it's creeping up on us.


We spent yesterday finalizing the deal on my new (to me) car!!! I will take a photo of her tomorrow and post it - she's wonderful and I am so happy to have a beautiful new vehicle to drive. DH has made noises that maybe his Sorrento would suit me better now....uh huh, right. Safe to say he loves the new one, too, it is a sweet ride!

5 comments:

  1. very nice....love them all.. and you are right... fall is such a pretty time of year. love looking at all the beautiful colors..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, these are beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen that first CB folder---is it brand-new, or an oldie? I love it! I cracked up about your suggestion to glue the leaves back on. I don't think all the glue in the world could glue on the leaves I have in my yard!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Jackie! All of your cards are so pretty and the embellishments are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie,
    Love the bottom cards with the green, brown and orange. Great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been one busy stamper! These are all awesome! I still want that CB folder---it's on my wishlist! Good luck on your new car, too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.