11/21/08

Happy Thanksgiving!

A little early, I know, but I am about to get the cards in the mail and wanted to get these posted before I forgot. A few of these are going out in the mail and some of them went to the Meals on Wheels for their Thanksgiving trays.

I had to try the circle frames that Becca Feeken had on her blog, Amazing Paper Grace. If you haven't visited her blog yet, hop on over there quick! She does some really wonderful work! I think they turned out rather well and they are so easy to do. A little addictive as well. I tried alot of different punches and these are the ones that worked the best. The first one is the Wrought Iron Corner Adorner but I'm afraid I don't know the names of the others. You will probably recognize the designs, though. Some are Corner Adorners and some are Card Creators. The stamp is from Hero Arts, and the background stamp on the first one is from Impression Obsession.

punched circle frame

punched circle frame

punched circle frame

punched circle frame

MS/EK border punch for the strip in the middle, same stamp. CB embossing folder.

The turkey feathers are make with a scallop punch, then just cut the scallops in half. His body is the same punch, just trimmed up. I used parts of flower punches for his feet, wattle (that dangly thing under his beak - is that what it's called??) and beak. The layers behind him are done with one of the new Nestabilities sets, Labels 1 or 2, I forget which is which. The tag is also a Spellbinders die.

punch turkey

I did get into making some background papers. I really enjoy doing that from time to time, especially when I can't come up with any good card ideas. Or I am experiencing inspiration overload from looking at too many blogs or SplitCoast samples! I see so many wonderful cards and ideas but many times I get stuck for some reason and can't seem to come up with anything at all. The next 3 cards are inspired by these cards on Sharon Johnson's blog. The backgrounds are done with Inkadinkado stamps, the strips are done with CB embossing borders.

OSW

OSW

OSW

The pumpkin on this last card was made with a small Punch Bunch oval punch and I inked the edges of each one with Gingerbread Verasamagic ink. The swirl is a Sizzlet die.

punch pumpkin

You can click on any of the photos for a closer look. Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, please ask. My email is on the sidebar.  Please feel free to leave me a comment, just to let me know you were here.

3 comments:

  1. cool I keep meaning to try the circle frame but haven't got around to it maybe this weekend.

    the turkey is soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Where would I begin? Your cards are always so wonderful and lovely. All of these are works of art..........and thank you for show me the way on those sticky sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these cards are fabulous!!! Love the color combos and all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.