11/12/08

Lucille

That's what I have decided to name her. Isn't she adorable?

 Lucille

2007 Chrysler Pacifica, low mileage and in immaculate condition. It's not the loaded version but it has enough options for me - including heated seats (ahhhh) - and plays MP3s!! It's the little things. I had a Kia Optima before and was tired of crawling in and out of it, plus not being able to see what was ahead of me if I was behind a van, SUV, or big ol' honkin' truck! I hope to be driving this for some years to come - it's a sweet ride, rides like a big car and handles really well.  

I absolutely hate car shopping. We found this one at a dealership in Monroe and thought we had negotiated (ok, DH did the negotiating) a good deal until we got home and looked on their website where it was listed for $1000 less than they quoted us!! What??? Well, Monday was spent renegotiating and looking at other cars just in case they wouldn't budge on the price. They budged enough and I didn't see anything else better anyway. Car prices never cease to amaze me - we bought a house 20 years ago that cost less than some of these vehicles. I know - 20 years ago is a long time, but I'm just saying.

I am all "moved in" and ready to go. I never would have chosen heated sets (or bun warmers as a friend of mine calls them) as an option but I am here to tell you that they are wonderful when you get in a cold car in the morning. It's a good thing, too, because it has leather seats and those puppies are chilly! Now I'm catching flak from DH because when he bought his last one I asked him not to get leather seats because I didn't like them. But I didn't know about bun warmers! We'll see what happens in the summer, the seats are not air conditioned, unfortunately.

Interior

Gray interior and LOTS of room. Very comfy indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Congrats and have fun in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jackie! She is really cute. I love the color and the inside. Looks like she was driven by a little old lady only on Sundays too! Happy trails to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think I should get the leather seats with the "bun" warmers...after all, we do most of our road trips in my suv :) ...DH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.