1/20/09

One more post today

As I was attempting to design Valentine's Day cards, I remembered I had a Cuttlebug folder that I wanted to use. It's the small Love postage stamp folder & die that apparently came with the machine at one point. There was a set of four of them and I was able to find someone who would sell it to me, since it was only available with the purchase of the machine.

I wanted to see what else I could do with it other than just run it through and use it as is, so I tried several punches to punch out the center heart. The Marvy yellow scalloped heart worked best:

jan09 008

As you can see here, it isn't an exact match, but it's pretty close (and I am picky about that stuff!):

jan09 009

I punched it out of a different color and it layers onto the original one quite well, I think:

jan09 010

I have tried inking the design with an ink pad an I am not good at that at all, so this method works best for me if I want to highlight the main image of this folder, or use it without the rest of the folder altogether. I have not made a card with it - yet - but I will post one when I do. In the meantime, if any of you have this folder and do something cool with it, I'd love to see it.

If any stamp manufacturers are reading this blog (if only!) please think about making more stamps that coordinate with punches. PaperTrey's Valentine release, Heart Prints, will work with both the EK Success Whale of a Punch and the medium heart punch. I am NO good with scissors so I just don't cut out images if I can avoid it. Marvy and EK Success make some wonderful punches that can be used upside down very easily, I use them all the time. Even some clear stamps that work with the Nestabilities would be great. Gina K had an unmounted red rubber set a while back that worked well with the Marvy Scalloped and plain Clever Lever punches that came in quite handy. I can't be the only one out there that's a klutz with scissors!

Okay, enough for today, right? I don't post for weeks and then I post everything at once! As you were....I have to go watch the inaugural parade.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial...this is such a great idea and the red heart really looks cool on the pink background!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute as can be!! I love it!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Love how they layer together like that.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.