7/4/09

Happy 4th of July!!

I thought I’d share a little project I put together for the CardsForHeroes.org and Richard’s Coffee Shop this Independence Day. I made some cards for the coffee shop to sell and when someone buys them they can write a message to a Hero inside, then I will send them along to CardsForHeroes.org. The coffee shop keeps the proceeds from the cards and the cards get sent overseas to someone who needs a kind word from home. It’s a win-win situation!
This is the box I put together in which to display them – it took longer than I thought it would!
july09 007
I apologize for the dark photo, but it was about 3am, I was very tired, and the lighting was not that great.
Here are the cards I included:
july09 008
july09 009
july09 011
I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday! Fireworks, cookouts, friends….what could be better? Please take a moment during this holiday weekend to remember our troops who are far from home, may they stay safe and come home soon!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic project, Jackie! Have a great 4th! Hope you get caught up on that sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fabulous! Love your sweet cards; great idea to work with the coffee shop. I know the troops appreciate them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! What an incredible, wonderful project! I love this, and I know that I lot of love went into this! You are just super to do this! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing project. I love this idea and your work is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, great effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took longer because it looks great! What a wonderful project! Kudos to you Jackie!! and a very creative idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You are absolutely amazing!! This is so generous and of course, gorgeous! I wonder if I could do something like that in my town...hmmm

    Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog today. You warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.