7/11/09

We interrupt this blog for a Public Service Announcement

I just watched Bill Moyers Journal on PBS and hope that you will all either find it on your local PBS station or go to the PBS website and watch it. Here's the link - Bill Moyers Journal - please take a little time out of your day to watch this. It is an eye opening look at what lengths the health insurance industry in this country is willing to go to, to ensure that their shareholders are happy and their profits are high.

If you have not seen Michael Moore's film "Sicko" I encourage you to watch that as well. The guest on Bill Moyer's show is the former head of Corporate Communications for CIGNA Insurance and says that Michael Moore "hit the nail on the head" with his film. He left the company voluntarily for personal and ethical reasons - you just have to watch, it's quite an education.

The health insurance industry is behind the commercials warning us about a government run health care plan, spouting false claims and warnings....all to keep their executives in the style to which they have become accustomed.

Please pass the link along if you can...the Internet is a wonderful thing especially when it is used to inform We, the people!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up Jackie! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in a dental office and have seen what people's mouths look like that have lived in countries that have government controlled health care. I would not like to have that level of health care. The government seems to have a hard enough time running itself - I don't want it messing with my health care.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I so totally back you on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow. A kindred spirit who also stamps. How blessed am I to know you exist?!

    You rock, Jackie!

    Deborah (aka Gigi 001)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I saw that Bill Moyers show with the ex Cigna executive & it was shocking & enlightening. I am 110% in favor of a Universal or Public option as part of real health care reform. I think it is years overdue. We live in the greatest country in the world..surely we can come up with a plan to offer fair and affordable health care to all of our citizens. I've been emailing & calling my lawmakers to let them know how I feel. I still need to see the film Sicko. Thanks for posting this important information. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.