9/28/09

Ladybugs are everywhere

At least on this card. We have some sort of weird teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy, miniscule black flying, biting bug which appears around dusk and prevents me from sitting outside to enjoy this beautiful weather…but that’s another subject for another day. Here are the lady bugs:

ladybugs1

It’s a birthday card for a dear friend of mine who loves……yes, you guessed it….LADYBUGS!

ladybugs3

Do you think there are enough of them on there? Hand stamped, every one. Except for the two big ones that are punched out (MS ladybug punch). The ladybug stamps are clear stamps that might be from a Studio G set from Michaels or they might be from some other clear set I bought at Target a couple of years ago, I really don’t remember. I am glad I had them because ladybug patterned paper is hard to find.

The red flower is one I crocheted using embroidery thread and a small crochet hook (2.75, I think). The ovals are all Nestabilities, of course.

I am in a Fall colors card making mood now. Starting tomorrow the weather is supposed to be cool and breezy, I can’t wait! I love this time of year and the beautiful colors of Fall…..deep red, burnt orange, golden yellow, olive green and chocolate brown. Mmmmmm.

I hope to get some more Operation Write Home (formerly Cards for Heroes) done and in the mail soon, too. I am sending off a box tomorrow but they can always use more. If you would like to participate, click on the link on the right sidebar to find out more.

Happy Fall, ya’ll :-)

6 comments:

  1. love all those lady bugs, your friend should adore this card. I am looking forward to cooler weather also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!

    Just stopping in from the Gratitude Hop. Unfortunately your link wasn't working so I just typed in the main URL for your blog. So sorry I didn't check that earlier.

    I love this ladybug card. My niece use to love ladybugs so much that everything she wanted had to have a ladybug on it. Is that how your friend is? LOL

    Fall is one of my favorite times of year. We go to the pumpkin patch next week for preschool. I can't wait to see my pumpkins on the hayride.

    Thanks for joining the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tri-shutter esp. with the image choice of the ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS CARD.. it's fab... tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried this style of card but never complete it because I find them so hard to decorate. You did an AWESOME job! I love how you did it, and am going to have to try again using yours as inspiration. Great job! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a class on this card. My son unfortunately moved back home from Raleigh this spring and I don't make a quarterly trip there anymore. I miss NC...anyway wish I were there so you could teach me!!! Hugs Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.