1/16/10

Birthday cards

These are a couple of birthday cards that I didn’t get around to posting last year.

I brayered the tissue paper with blue and purple inks before cutting them out with the Nestabilities. It’s a little hard to separate the layers but if you make a whole bunch at one time, it’s worth it. I got in the groove with the brayering and made several different sheets. Since it’s kind of a messy process I tend to make it worthwhile and get all of the messiness over at once. Same for glitter. Anyway, watch the video and she will explain the process very well.

The next card was inspired by this one on Cupcake’s Creations blog. She has some beautiful photos of Croatia at the top of the post – who knew it was such a beautiful place! Just scroll down for her card, and here’s mine:

It’s called a side-step fold and it’s like the stair step except the left side isn’t cut all the way across. I used some patterned paper for the flowers and after stamping and letting the ink dry, I spritzed the petals with water, crumpled them up and straightened them back out to let them dry. The leaves are Primas and I found the pearl brads in the bridal sections of Michael’s. They used to carry white ones (these are cream colored) as well but I haven’t been able to find those lately.

That’s all I’ve got for today. It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow so it will be a good day for staying inside and inking up my new Hero Arts stamps, I think. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the tissue roses. I looked at the Hero Arts catalogue yesterday----absolutely uninspiring and made me glad I got out of stamping! Usually their catalogue is great, not this year. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Both cards are stunning!!! LOVE your layered flowers in both!!! LOTS of work for sure, but so worth it for these beauties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are excellent- especially he side step fold one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the video. What a simple and great idea! Your cards turned out beautifully! I LOVE the star step card. Those colors are beautiful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are beautiful and now I have to go looking for those dies. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.