1/23/10

I’m taking a poll

Who else is tired of damp, dismal, cloudy winter weather - raise your hands. Me, too! No snow here, just rainy, cold, depressing weather. I can see you guys up north rolling your eyes at me. This is why we don’t live any farther north. I can’t imagine dealing with this for months on end. Can you say looney bin? My grandmother used to call it Chattahoochee. That’s where the only mental hospital in Florida was located back then. It was a much less populated state in those days. They have many more mental hospitals now :-). I can still hear her…”You’re going to send me to Chattahoochee one of these days!” I heard that a lot. But I digress.

On to a more cheerful subject – stamping. And machine die cutting. I’ve been playing with my Silhouette a bit more and came up with a couple of cards.

2010Jan 007

The flower is cut with the Silhouette and behind it is BoBunny paper. The tag is a Spellbinders die and I think the sentiment is one of the clear stamps form Michael’s dollar bin.

2010Jan 008

Hero Arts has some designs in the Silhouette online store now and I had to have this butterfly. It’s the same design as the stamp that came out last year, isn’t it wonderful?? I cut quite a few from different papers. You can ungroup images in the Silhouette software so I deleted the top part of the image and cut just the outline from coordinating paper. The stamps are Hero Arts and yes, that’s a Martha EK Success border punch.

2010Jan 009

Same thing, different paper.

2010Jan 005

This is a flat out CASE of a card in the new Hero Arts catalog. The flower is different, theirs looked like it was paper punched. I do love this new striped background, it has lots of possibilities.

I’ve been doing a little reorganizing and clearing out in the craft room, and will post photos soon. Nothing major, just a few little things to make life a little more organized in here. Which will lead to more creativity, I hope!

I’ve been paring down my Google Reader blog list in hopes of getting out from in front of this computer more often and over to the stamping table. I spend way too much time browsing blogs and collecting ideas, but not enough time putting those ideas into practice. It’s getting harder and harder for me to come up with an original idea, because it’s easier to copy someone else’s idea and just change it up a little. There are SO many good ideas out there, too, but I need to nurture my own creative side a bit. The other thing that too much blog browsing does is give me a bad case of the Iwannas. You know what I mean, I know you do. Admit it. That’s the first step, they say. Right. I don’t know about you, but I ain’t admittin’ nuthin.

I’ll leave you with it and hope you have a beautiful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, nice springy colours. Yes, if this weather bothers you---you would be crazy living up north, this is what it is like late October-early April. Had a great time today at the Charlotte Observer's social media conference! See you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie..you have been one busy lady!! AND you are one lucky lady to have a Silhouette!!! SO cool that Hero Arts is contected to it! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie..I'm with you darlin on this depressing, cold weather! Being your neighbor in SC, you know what I mean...we get close to the same weather. Your cards are just fabulous! I have to agree with you on the blogging more than creating issue too! I have the same problem with the "I wants" and not creating from the things I see! After going through them my brain is jumbled and I can't remember what I looked at and go completely blank when trying to create my own work....information overload maybe! Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are pushing me over the edge as far as the silhouette goes. I have been resisting but after seeing your cards I can feel myself NEEDING one!
    I am sick of the dreary weather also, not much better on the eastern half of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...I am glad you are similarly addicted to your Silhouette! Love the butterfly (I might have to get it too!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously gorgeous cards! That first die cut flower is beautiful! The butterflies are exceptional and your paper choices are perfect. And by the way, my hand is way up! LOL Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I TOTALLY AGREE! Bring on the sunshine and beautiful weather!!! :)

    Your cards sure helped cheer me up and make me think of sunnier days! :)

    Have a lovely night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add me to the tired of Winter poll. Your card are wonderful. I love what you did with the Silhouette images too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.