1/28/10

Snow? Really?

The weatherman/woman/person is calling for a winter storm here this weekend. It was 60 degrees outside today – a beautiful day! Hard to believe that Friday night and Saturday will be wicked cold with freezing rain/sleet and snow. Hmmm. Well, good days to stay inside, stay warm and get a good card stash going.

I found this tutorial the other day and gave it a try. If, for some reason, the blog is not in English go to the Google Translate drop down and choose English. Then read it. Really. All the way through. Please understand that I am in NO WAY making fun of this blog, not at all. She is very talented and I love her work. It’s the Google Translator that’s the star of this show. I think they need to work some of the bugs out of it, judging from what it translated here. You’ll see. Note: I am not responsible for any coffee/tea/soda/water which may be spewed on your monitor while reading this translation.

Here is what I came up with:

2010Jan 002

and

2010Jan 014

also

2010Jan 016

BoBunny paper, Hero Arts stamps, Spellbinders scalloped and plan circle Nesties and tag die, QuicKutz and EK Success flourish dies, Marvy small scalloped heart punch.

So, nice cardiac flowers? :-)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Jackie, these are gorgeous! I will check out the tutorial tomorrow! Your neighbor in South Carolina (also expecting the icky snow stuff), Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! As long as we don't lose power, I'm fine with an "in" day tomorrow! Quality knitting time, and I might even drag out the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun read, you are correct! But also an awesome tutorial - thank goodness for pics, huh? I love ALL of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, this looks like so much fun! I have a scalloped heart punch I'm going to try it with! Love your choice of the dotty papers - that's where I'll start, too!

    You're right, that translation leaves alot to be desired!

    Hope you're staying nice and warm and cozy and inside for the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, I love your version with the scalloped edge to the hearts. Beautiful cards! As for the "lost in translation?" I did a video on this project a while back. Visual instructions always seem to win out over words!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaH6WybEtRI
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm loving browsing yours!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Lin, I found your blog! LOVE these cards with the heart punches! Fantastic creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, these are just stunning! I would have never guessed that these were folded hearts! Your use of them is fantastic as are the colors and the papers that you used to make them. The colors on the last one are eye popping! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. It was perfectly translated when I went to it. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked out the other card! I love your interpretation of what she did. Your cards are so bright and cheerful............like Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations! Especially like the the orange color combo!! ROFL reading the "cardiac" flower!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.