1/7/10

Tired of Christmas Cards Yet??

Well, that’s a shame because that’s all I’ve got for you today. Almost all. Since procrastination is one of my middle names (Princess of No Patience is the other), I did not get around to posting my cards before Christmas. As usual, I had one favorite stamp and could have made them all using just that one, but felt guilty and branched out a bit with some other stamps, both new and old. Yes, I am a slow learner.

This was my favorite stamp this year:

Xmas09 015

That little Penny Black snowman is just adorable! I used some Flower Soft for the snow, with a little (very little!) glitter sprinkled in for some sparkle. White fun flock makes his ear muffs fluffy. He is colored with Copics, of course.

A variation, in blue:

Xmas09 016

It is difficult to see in the photo but the swirly background (Impression Obsession Fluff Cover-a-Card stamp) is embossed with Judikins Diamond Sparkle and is mucho glittery. Flower Soft again for the snow.

I had fun with the ribbon wreaths, too:

I don’t know why it was so hard to get a good photo of this card, but I took several in different light and this, sadly, was the best of the bunch. It is so much prettier in person. I really need to spend some time with Photoshop and some good tutorials.

A couple more wreaths:

Xmas09 019

Xmas09 020

Sentiment stamp by Hero Arts.

I tried my hand at a snow globe card:

Xmas09 024

There’s that adorable snowman again! Sentiment Stamp by Hero Arts.

Last, but not least, a couple of ornament cards:

Xmas09 022

Hero Arts stamps

Xmas09 023

Swirl stamp – Impression Obsession, Sentiment – Hero Arts

If you’re still with me (thank you!) here is a little gift I stitched up for a good friend. It’s a fabric coupon organizer, similar to one that I saw online. I created the pattern myself after a little trial and error. Inside are dividers made from plain cardstock with tabs for labeling the categories. She is a cat person like me and I thought this fabric was just perfect!

This is the front and the elastic cord wraps around to the back and is secured to a button for a closure. That was the most difficult part…..figuring out how to stitch the elastic in when stitching the right sides together.

BMott 001

The inside, more or less:

BMott 002

The back – see how the button holds it closed? If you wanted to attach it to a shopping cart while you are grocery shopping, the elastic would wrap around the top of the wire on the seat part of the cart and attach to the button, to hold it in place and hold the organizer open.

BMott 003

Thanks for hanging in there with me! We are expecting some snow here in NC tomorrow night so I had better be sure to get my bread and milk coffee (for me) and Diet Coke (for the DH)!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the ribbon wreaths. I'm almost hoping for a "snow day" tomorrow, I can work out at home and I have much to do around here---including organizing/cataloging my knitting needles (there's an app for that). Hope to see you soon, let's do lunch when the temps get back to 50 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay to post Cmas cards AFTER Cmas, but did you MAKE your Cmas cards BEFORE Cmas? I did not. Dec 24th.

    BTW, I love them all, esp the wreath ones. I had not thought to try it with thin or organza ribbons. THIS year, yeah, THIS year... or not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ribbon wreath cards would love to know how to do those. I would love to see a little snow, but not to much since we are supposed to go to the mountains on Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jackie these are some awesome cards and lots of inspiration...I just signed up to follow YOU. Happy new Year! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. never to tired to look at hand made Christmas cards. And yours are great. Loved them all and also like the coupon holder. your friend is luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure if my other comment went thru - so here it goes again
    always like looking at hand made cards. Yours were great as always
    Loved the coupon holder too. Your friend should be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jackie! Those ribbon wreathes are the bomb...I have never seen these before (where have I been?). All your holiday cards are great examples of clean design...super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love those wreaths of yours! All your christmas cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.