5/27/10

Cut and Color

No, not my hair, although it could use a little of both. I’m talking about cards. Yes, I made some more cards. Shocking, isn’t it? I have plenty of other things I need to be doing but I watched a video on Gina K’s Stamp TV this morning and was inspired to get up and get busy. She called it Reverse Nestabilities and I had another one of those “why didn’t I ever think of that!” moments. I got over myself and proceeded to give it a whirl. Here are the results.

007004 005 006  008

My usual method – find a good design and make multiples. I did change them up a tiny bit each time, at least. I made the first one with round Nesties just as Gina K did in her video, then I moved on to the ovals. They are all popped up with foam mounting tape. I really love that effect.

The vase and flowers stamp is out of a clear set by My Favorite Things (I think) and the sentiments are by Hero Arts, except for the Just Sittin’ Here… – it’s Impression Obsession (probably). I don’t always keep all of the packaging for my clear sets, so I am not sure if those are the right companies.

The water and flowers are colored with Copic markers. I used B000, B01 and B02 on the water, YG05 for the leaves and stems, and V04,  RV14, R32, and Y38, for the flowers. C1 for the shadow around the bottom of the vase. The first one has gemstones for the centers of the flowers, the next 3 all have Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Yellow for the centers in the flowers, the last one has Viva Decor Glass Effect Pen in Amber for the centers. I used the awesome Bow Easy for all of the bows and the blue bow is a double bow – the first on I have ever made. It won’t be the last, they are so easy to make.

Click over to Gina K’s Stamp TV and check out the video – maybe you will be inspired, too.

3 comments:

  1. Niiice! Every time I see someone step outside the box with their Nesties, I tell myself to remember to try it, then I forget. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your designs. I have enjoyed so my journey through your blog page. Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always watch her weekly videos and I saw this technique. You did a FABULOUS job with it. Your cards are just beautiful. The color changes and textures make them all different. Great stuff! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.