5/21/10

Silhouette Grass

I love this stamp! Hero Arts is one of my favorite stamp companies and this stamp is one of my favorite stamps.  I think we have a beautiful future together.

I sponged Ranger Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Wild Honey) on some white card stock and stamped the Silhouette Grass in Memento Cantaloupe ink on top. Scattered Straw Distress Stickles accent the grass, and the sentiment and butterfly are from PaperTrey. The butterfly is cut out with the matching die & colored with Copic markers.

013

Same inks sponged on different brand of card stock, stamp inked up with Memento Rich Cocoa and accented with Cinnamon Stickles. The butterfly (PaperTrey – same butterfly) is colored with Copics and I trimmed around the edges after cutting it out with the die.

014

You will probably be seeing more of this stamp on this blog in the future.

The Distress Inks are so good for sponging and blending and I really love all of the new colors. They are more vibrant and bright than the originals. I used Super Spongers from Impression Obsession for the sponging – those things are almost magical. I wish they had a video showing how to use them (maybe I should make one!),but all you really have to do is get some makeup sponges and some cheap white panty hose and follow the instructions on the package. If you are local, Stamper’s Alley has these available and will be more than happy to show you how to use them! They make sponging and blending a breeze.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo! OMGosh are these cards beauties! I'm so excited because I have this stamp and haven't used it yet! Your cards are way inspirational and I can't wait to use mine. Gorgeous sponging! Just awesome! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of them are great but I am partial to the colors on the first. the background is so pretty and I love how you colored the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Silhouette Grass cards...the background distress inks are perfectly blended, the Stickles add some wonderful glitz. Really beautiful design!
    blessings,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.