6/28/10

Butterflies are free to fly….

But not these. They are anchored down with glue dots. No flying away. Nyuh uh.

blog_062310 010

Hero Arts Silhouette Grass stamp in the background, stamped using Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass) and with the same technique I used for the backgrounds in this post. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, too. The line of dots is from a $1 clear set I found at AC Moore a few weeks back and I think it fills the space perfectly.

blog_062310 011

The butterflies were cut an embossed with a Sizzix Embosslit from Stampin’ Up – Beautiful Wings. The antennae is/are a piece of twine that I colored dark brown with a Copic marker. They are so useful! What did we ever do before we found them? I don’t know either. I really like these little butterflies but they are smaller than I thought they would be – probably because I didn’t pay attention to the description. Embosslit! Hello! Small dies, small die cuts. They’re very pretty, I like ‘em.

That’s all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad those butterflies can't get away because they are wonderful. love the embossing. Beautiful soft colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't stop, I might have to get that HA background stamp. And we BOTH know I don't NEED it. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love this!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Jackie, love the grasses with the butterflies and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.