6/25/10

Sending Hugs

I love all of the new Hero Arts stamps and I have seen this one used a lot lately on different websites and blogs, so I had to ink it up and give it a shot. I guess I was in an Autumn sort of mood this time - wishing the hot weather would go away!

blog_062310 008 

I sponged Marvy inks on white card stock. I used 4 colors to get just the right shading – Pink, Bubblegum Pink, Brilliant Yellow, and Orange. I really like using these inks for sponging and blending because the blend so well. I don’t care for stamping with them for that same reason, they tend to bleed a little and make the image fuzzy or blurry. I wish they had more colors and especially more pastel colors, they are pretty vivid. I used a couple of different colors for stamping the branches - Hero Arts Hues Soft Brown and Memento Rich Cocoa (also used for the sentiment). No bling or ribbon anywhere to be found – what is the world coming to? Sometimes I just like to keep it simple. I should have embossed the sentiment, I think, but it’s too late now. It will just have to do.

What is the weather like where you are?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie. I love the sponging technique. I am going to have to try that. I saw you as the featured cardmaker on OWH and just had to check out your blog. Love your cards. I live not too far from you in Greenville, SC, so it is hot, hot, hot here too. I am ready for some cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your colors with this stamp, it is so different from most of the color schemes I have seen used with this stamp! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.