6/8/10

Still not inspired

No cards yet, but I did get out my Distress Inks and play a little. I saw this technique on Joy’s blog and had to give it a whirl. I don’t have the same stamp that she used (yet) so I improvised with this stamp. It’s from Hero Arts and considerably smaller but I do like the way these turned out. I used Spun Sugar and Wild Honey on the first two (the Wild Honey overpowered the Spun Sugar on the 2nd one), Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass on the second one. For some reason the photos came out a little brighter than the backgrounds actually are. They are much softer in person.

045039  

040049

The rest of these were done with this stamp (Hero Arts).

044 

Spun Sugar and Wild Honey again

042

I used some Glimmer Mist to stamp this one – I think it was Tutti Fruitti and Mango. You can’t see the shimmer in the photo but it’s there – and very pretty. Softer in person, too.

043 

Distress Ink – Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass

046

Glimmer Mist – Hula Hoop and Waterslide on both of these.

047 048

I like both looks, I guess it depends on the look you are going for. The paper did warp on all of them when it dried but a good strong tape like Red Line or Scor-Tape will hold them down just fine. It’s not as messy as I thought it would be. I used my Ranger Craft Sheet and it is so easy to clean up.

Now go play. Have fun. Get a little messy. Let’s see what you can come up with.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results, Jackie - your choice of stamps worked very well with this technique! I'll bet that these will get your mojo moving again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jackie, so pleased that I inspired you to give this technique a go, you have done an amazing job, all of your stamp goodness looks fabulous....Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.