6/23/10

Tropical Blooms

We took a little trip over to the North Carolina coast this past weekend. DH got to tour the Battleship North Carolina for the first time. He loved it! I had no idea how big those ships are – or how hot they are below decks. Whew! It was interesting and not as claustrophobic as I thought it would be, but I was glad to get back up on deck.

The beach was wonderful. It was so good to be able to dip my feet in salt water again. So relaxing. Most of the (HUGE!) houses along the beach were painted all different colors – they were just beautiful. Pastel blues, yellows, pinks, coral….yum. Many of them were brighter colors and it really put me in the mood to use some brighter colors on my cards this time.

As usual, I made a couple of the same design, using slightly different color combinations.

blog_062310 001 blog_062310 002 blog_062310 003

The striped paper is by S.E.I. and has glittery strips on it, very sparkly although it is hard to see in the photos. The green flowers are Primas and the coral ones are silk ones that I probably got at M’s in the floral department and ripped apart. I put the circle with the sentiment off center and accented it with a little rhinestone. The sentiment is from the PTI Butterfly Dreams set which was released a few months ago. The border punch is from Martha.

Thanks for stopping by and for those of you who live at the beach – you are lucky ducks!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I HAVE that paper! Nice job!

    When we were kids, the family toured the East Coast from Mass to Fla, and we saw the USS NC at our stop in NC. That was a good summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful cards, you were so close to me. Hope you had lots of fun and enjoyed the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm up in the Portland, OR area. We just got summer up here finally after weeks of spring rains. Yay warm weather, finally. I love these cards. The colors are so yummy, good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on these cards, Jackie. They make me think of summer. I had never thought to take flowers apart and recombine them - thanks for that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.