6/2/10

A Wonderful Memorial Day Weekend

My daughter, Amanda (Sis), was here from Asheville for the weekend and we had an absolutely wonderful time! We laughed, ate junk food, shopped a little, laughed some more – until tears ran down our faces – and even made some cards together. Her roommate, Shae, is a beginning stamper and Sis wanted to make her a card. Which, of course, led to making cards for more of her friends. I sent some stamps and stuff to Shae to help her get started a bit, because this can be an expensive hobby and I was glad to be able to share my loot!

So, here are the cards that Sis made – I think they are excellent!

Hero Arts stamps, Papertrey butterfly stamp and die.

011

The butterfly is the same Papertrey die but she cut it out of some Papertrey felt and used embroidery thread and a button for the body and antennae. Cute!

012

Hero Arts stamps and the same butterfly again but I love how she colored it – with Copics, mind you! Both images are heat embossed, too. Yes, she is quite talented, if I do say so myself.

013

Penny Black flower, Papertrey sentiment and leaf stamps. Nestabilities label die for the sentiment. The background paper was printed on the computer. We watched the video on Gina K’s Stamp TV and had to give it a try. Don’t ask me how many times we had to stamp the sentiment to get it absolutely straight.

014

I even managed to make one more card – my version of the Gina K card. The stamp is by Rubber Stampede and I bought it at the Used Stamp Sale at Stamper’s Alley in May.

019

Here is my beautiful daughter attempting to cuddle Miss Kitty, who is not much of a cuddly kitty – can you tell? I miss her already :-(

I love you, Sis!!!!!!!

010

5 comments:

  1. Love the cards and it sounds like you had such a wonderful time with your daughter! I can tell by the look on Miss Kitty's face she really wants down!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these lovely cards, and a look at your sweet daughter....I know what you mean about when they leave; such a let-down, huh? I bet you've helped launch another stamper in her friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the cards, and what a FAB pic of Sis + kitty! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jackie, I love your stamping style, your cards are beautiful! Dixie gave me your blog address and I had to come take a look. Thank you for the sample masculine card for Operation Write Home's challenge coming soon, sh... ;) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh? She is talented and I love all of the cards. What a wonderful weekend for you and her. She is beautiful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.