7/18/10

Birthday

It was DH’s birthday last week and I needed to make a card. He’s not terribly fond of flowers, so I had to come up with something else. He doesn’t fish, hunt, or play golf or any other sport, unless decimating entire populations of virtual aliens is considered a sport. Even so, I don’t think they make a stamp for that!

What to do? He does like hot air balloons. Ah HA! Not so fast – I didn’t have the Papertrey Up & Away set (yet). Hmmmmm. I don’t really like digital stamps, but this was an emergency. I did a quick Google search for hot air balloons and digital stamps, and found some really pretty ones. Twelve of them and all free – right here. They are awesome. I downloaded them, resized and printed them, and remembered seeing a beautiful card made with the Papertrey balloons on Natasha’s blog. Since I had left it until the last minute, I didn’t have time to come up with another idea so I pretty much CASEd her card. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

091

He loved it! I loved it, too. The balloons are colored with Copics, of course. The clouds are made with the Papertrey die and some fleece that I found next to the craft felt at one of the big box stores. The dies didn’t cut all the way through the fleece like they do the felt but it was easy enough to trim them out.

I now have the Up & Away set but I do still love these balloons. Since they are digital they can be resized to fit any project. Check out Bird’s blog and snag some free digistamps for yourself. They will never take the place of real stamps for me, but they certainly do come in handy now and then.

5 comments:

  1. Great Card! love those balloons and can't wait to check out the site, thanks for sharing. I haven't done anything digital yet but these balloons might be the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the card! I do love PTI's cloud die - it cuts wool felt like buttah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I thank you SO much for sharing this wonderful site - she has some lovely things! You're right, it's so difficult to make a card for a guy, and so these will go a long way in the future.

    Your card turned out really nice! Love your felt clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie! Awesome card! The swirly background is perfect for those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Deb's blog, I found YOURS!! love your balloon card, Jacki. How fabulous that you two shall meet! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.