7/1/10

A Great Big Pile of Cards

All stamped with the OWH logo, ready to go up to Stamper’s Alley and off to Operation Write Home! I decided to stop hoarding most of my cards and send them off to someone who could use them. Cards from classes I’ve taught, cards I made for no particular reason, as well as those I made specifically for OWH. I have to confess I did keep a few, just in case an occasion pops up unexpectedly – at least I will be prepared. Those might be in the next batch of OWH cards.

010 (2)

Do you have some cards lying around your craft room that could be put to good use? Maybe they are tucked away in a box or a basket, saved because you liked the design, or because you just liked the look of the colors together. I do the same thing. Why? Dunno. It’s not like I can’t make more, right?

Anyway, they are always in need of something on which to write home. If you don’t live in my area check out their website for a shipper that is near you. It will definitely bring a smile to someone’s face… and to yours, too! Really.

I’ve been playing with backgrounds again and if you look closely you can see one of them peeking out at the top left of the photo, just to the right of the blue and white card with the flowers. Faux mulberry paper with sparkles in it and Glimmer Mist….yum! I plan to get something pretty made with those very soon, so stop back by and see what I was able to conjure up.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, I definitely need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I helped make cards with Kaye & Sharon for OWH when I visited NC this past April. Yours will be treasured for sure! They are a lot prettier than many of the cards we sorted and stamped with Dixie for the soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog through OWH. I love your cardmaking style! I have tons of cards that I've made at workshops or "just because" that I'm hoarding at home. I have joined a couple of charitable causes that involve sending cards to sick people, but for the most part, I just have a hard time letting go of my creations. I really don't know why! I need to work on "spreading the love" by sharing my cards and then I'll also have room (and a reason) to make more cards! :) Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.