7/7/10

More Distressed Flowers

I don’t know if I am going be able to give this one away. I really like it. It is a little outside the box for me, because I am used to doing more structured, straight and orderly designs. This one happened quite by accident. I had adhered the Glimmer Misted paper into the card, trimmed the image and just tossed it over on to my work space. It landed almost as it is on the card, a little off kilter. I liked it and went with it. I added a couple of Hero Arts flowers, some buttons and twine, and some pearls to finish it off. It doesn’t even need a sentiment to make it complete.

july2010 008 

Jennifer McGuire is such an inspiration and so talented! I’ve seen her add bows of twine to so many cards but this is the first time I remembered to do it.I just tied a little bow and anchored it down with a mini glue dot. Voila!

july2010 009

Whatcha think?

Distress inks: Wild Honey, Shabby Shutters

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! So pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card... great job... favorite of all of them...
    I can see what you would like to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie!
    This card looks awesome!
    The soft colors are so pretty, and I love all of the little details on it... the flowers, the pearls, the shimmer, the twine... everything is so adorable and goes together perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty Jackie, not sure I would be able to part with it either.

    Love the colors!

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about talented! There is nothing about this card that I don't like. The colors are right up my alley and the image askew adds so much to this card. The glimmer paper is beautiful and that twine and button flowers look as if this card couldn't be without them! Beautiful work. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.