7/5/10

Playing with Glimmer Mist

I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day weekend. We watched some fireworks and just had a nice, relaxing couple of days.

Last week I decided to get out my Glimmer Mists and some faux mulberry paper and just play a bit, to see what I could come up with. What’s nice about these sprays is that it’s so easy to get really nice color combinations. The lighter, pastel colors seem to work best for this, I think. Here is how the paper started out:

july2010 034

Pretty white paper with some gold and silver speckles. It’s a smoother texture that regular mulberry paper but you can see the threads that run through it. The paper is really lightweight, too. This is what it looks like after a little bit of spraying with Glimmer Mist.

Tutti Fruitti and Blue Skies

july2010 021

Hula Hoop and Mimosa

july2010 023

Hula Hoop and Blue Skies

july2010 024

Mimosa

july2010 028

Hula Hoop with a little Mimosa here and there

july2010 032

I love that stuff! There are such beautiful colors with so much shimmery goodness. I am really pleased with the way these turned out. As always, they are much prettier in person. It’s hard to get a good representation of the color variations with my camera and the shimmer is almost impossible to photograph. I made several others but the colors were so subtle that they didn’t show up well in photos at all. I did make a couple of cards with these papers and will be posting those later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way these turned out, looking forward to seeing the cards you make with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! I never know what to do with mine :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.