8/9/10

Mission Accomplished

I am now, or will soon be, the proud owner of a current NC drivers license. We went to the DMV in Statesville and although there were a lot of people waiting, and we did have to wait for 2 hours, it was a much more pleasant experience. We had some interesting people to talk to, and the employees were not snarky at all. I only missed one sign – I called it a triangle. Not even close to correct. It was Passing Zone or No Passing Zone, I forget which.

Brenda and Harold stopped by, bearing gifts, this afternoon. She is trying desperately to turn me into a gardener. She brought me this:

024

Is that not the most adorable thing you have ever seen? His head wobbles and he has gorgeous green eyes made of sparkly glass. He has a springy tail but it’s hidden behind the flowers. That’s an azalea in the pot, and it is absolutely beautiful. Let’s hope I can keep it that way. I will do my best.

She actually made a card for me, a rare treat indeed. We always tease her about the cards she sends. Sometimes she does make them herself, but she also buys cards from other card makers. There’s just not enough hours in the day when you own a stamp store and have a life, too.

020

It’s beautiful, I love it! Her cards are always so pretty, she is very talented and creative.

But wait, there’s more. She knows the way to my heart!

025

Now, as any well-informed birthday girl knows, there are no calories in anything on your birthday. Plus, this is healthy cake. Look closely. There is real fruit in there. Peaches. I swear! And on top, too. Look at the strawberry. Vitamin C. Very tasty healthy cake.

My plan was to save it for tomorrow. That didn’t work out so well.

032

It was delicious. DH helped me with it a little bit. Speaking of DH…this is his contribution to this wild and crazy calorie-free celebration:

028

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. OMG. It is a small, but very deadly, cake. I mentioned the other day that all I really wanted for my birthday was a SLICE of this chocolatey goodness from a local bakery. Yes, they sell it by the slice. The “healthy” slice of cake from Brenda and Harold came from that same bakery. Well, in typical male fashion all he heard was blah, blah, blah chocolate cake, and blah, blah, blah, La Patisserie. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. Oh, no, not at all. Neither is he, since he will have to help out with this confectionery masterpiece. On second thought….maybe he did hear what I said after all – could there be a method to his madness? Hmmm. At any rate, I see many miles on the treadmill at the gym in my near future.

The mailman brought more birthday cards today, from crafty and non-crafty friends.

From Claire in St. Augustine. She never forgets my birthday. I still miss her very much.

022

From Princess and Deen, friends and clients in Arkansas:

021

The inside says, “…dance as though no one who is qualified to commit you is watching”. LOL! I wish those bathing suits would come back in style again. Then I could go back to the beach and not scare small children. Love those hats, too.

Thank you all for stopping by and we will return to our normally scheduled programming later in the week. Now you must excuse me, I do believe I just heard a chocolate cake calling me. Yes, I definitely did. I’ll be right there…..

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! Love the cat, the cake(s), the cards .. Happy (Belated) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day. I went to La Patassiere with Connie for lunch on Saturday---I had no idea they served lunch too. It was delicious! It is now on my list of outings for my social group. Ejoy the rest of your week.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous all the way, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie,
    It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Wishing you all the best.

    darlene
    ps, getting a license in Florida is not easy task anymore. I was lucky and got in before they made all the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No calories in those cakes! That chocolate cake has my name on it. Doesn't it?? You got some great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JACKIEEEEEEEEEEEE,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! It looks like it was a happy one, and I'm happy for that! Best. Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just checking in on you. Was glad to see your comment on my blog. It is always nice to hear from you. I thought about you when I heard about the hurricane roaming up the Eastern coast. Hope it didn't affect you in any way. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.