9/21/10

Another trip around the sun

I couldn’t resist making another of those cards. I found this cloud paper in my stash and had to cut it up. The clouds are all glittery :-) The oval is made with a Nestability and I distressed the edges, then sponged it with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

138-1

The grass is cut with decorative scissors for the uneven grass effect then I cut it with Martha Stewart shredding scissors to make blades of grass. The edges are sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink for a little added dimension.

140-1

I cranked up my Silhouette and cut out bunches of suns in different sizes and with a couple of different yellow papers. This paper is my favorite – Bazzill Fiesta, Washboard Texture. You can see the glittery clouds a little better in this photo, too.

141-1

Here is the inside. Nestability die again, sponged with Bamboo Leaves and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

142-1

I will probably be making more of these in the near future. At least until I get into the Autumn colors groove. I like the sentiment on the front of the card but I’m not all that crazy about the font. So…..I had a small brainstorm last night and created several more with different fonts….on my computer! Duh!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest creation and now I have to go watch the season finale of Warehouse 13.

4 comments:

  1. Like it bunches! the grass looks great and I am very jealous that you have a silhouette!!!! I neeeeed one so bad................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about the sentiment, but I just think it is one of the best birthday sentiments ever. I think I like it because it is so unique. Love the blue dotted paper and sparkly clouds. This is a great birthday card! Thanks BTW for the nice comment last post. It was appreciated. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silhouette! You have one of those! Me too and I am not the greatest at using it, I would love to take a class if you know anyone who is giving one! Love your card, and your blog! How did you get the oh so cute graphics on it? My blog needs a little oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...I am gonna start up my Silhouette and see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.