10/27/10

Halloween, one more time

Just a couple more of my Halloween cards. This one has very little stamping, just the background, sentiment, and the spider web. I punched the moon from a scrap of BoBunny Buttercup Dot paper and sponged it with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. I sponged the edges of the clouds with Weathered Wood Distress ink and  London Fog Memento ink. The “light” in the windows and doors of the house is a piece of gold vellum. The ghost is punches from white vellum. I distressed the edge of the green paper with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser (is that a word?) to make it a look a wee bit like grass. I saw a card similar to this on a blog and had to give it a shot.

 2016

Details:
House - Silhouette design
Tree and moon - EK Success punches
Witch - Martha Stewart punch
Ghost - Punch Bunch punch
Clouds -
Papertrey Ink dies
Stamps - Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card, Inkadinkado (Happy Halloween)

Great Impressions Witches, bwahahahah. These adorable little cuties are inked with Versamark and embossed with detail clear embossing powder. I colored them with Copic markers, and stamped a couple of spider webs in the corners. I added a floor with a gray Copic marker so they wouldn’t be floating in mid-air. Although, now that I think of it, they are witches after all, and could very well BE floating. Right? The background is embossed with a CB folder and the spider web border at the bottom is a Martha Stewart border punch from last year and I was able to line it up and punch both sides to make a complete web. I added the green May Arts ribbon down the center to hide the middle part of the punch, which is a little wider than I’d like. It’s tricky getting just the right width paper for that technique. The sentiment is Impression Obsession and I sponged the edges with some lime green Versamagic chalk ink. Done.

2015 

It’s raining again here this evening but no tornado warnings so far. I am hopeful we will get a little thunder and lightning, if we’re lucky. I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening, wherever you are. I still have a few more cards to post, so come back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Great Halloween cards! I love that stamped background on the first card. and those witches are adorable :) not scary at all! so far we have been lucky with the weather also. I am ready for the return on some cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome Halloween cards!!!! That background on the first one is so awesome! Is that a stamp? The witches on the second are a hoot! I love your coloring! Great cards - so much fun! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scene is terrific! I want that BG stamp...need it! And those embossed witches are brill! I should make some Halloween cards today just for fun. Damn work won't let me though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.