10/28/10

Halloween, the sequel

These are the last of the bunch. I will miss making Halloween cards, it’s my favorite holiday.

This one uses many of the same elements as the previous ones – Impression Obsession background, Silhouette designs house, etc. The graveyard is last year’s Martha punch and the sentiment is from a Studio G set – probably last year, too.

185 

The main image on this one is Impression Obsession, and I sponged the edges with purple inks, Marvy, I think. I added a little Marvy Brilliant Yellow to the center, just to add a little interest. Nestabilities Label dies and some Best Creations glittery paper complete the ensemble.

190

Another Silhouette design – isn’t she an adorable witch? I colored the hat band, the collar of her dress and the band on the broom with a Stardust gel pen. She, and the houses, are cut from suede paper. The Silhouette cuts it like buttah. The flourishes in the corners are older Cuttlebug dies and the paper is some I had from last year. I used the same Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card background again, too. The sun was punched with one of the few Marvy Clever Lever punches I have left – the pink circle punch. The edges are sponged with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. The sentiment is also from Impression Obsession.

2013

That’s it for my Halloween cards, now it’s time to start on my next favorite – Fall cards. I just love the colors of Fall, the deep yellow and orange, dark red and even deep purple. Hmmm…Deep Purple. I seem to remember seeing them in concert many, many, many years ago. Smoke on the Waaaater…..sing it with me. Help me out with the words, it’s been a long time.

Party on, people.

2 comments:

  1. Another brill scene...I envy you that you are using your Silhouette. I need to make some with mine (maybe that will allow for some quick creations since I have no time with my flake of a nanny!). Love the stamp and sponging of the second one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome! I will miss Halloween too. However, a big surprise to myself, I'm really starting to get into my Christmas cards! I've decided to try to do somethings that are outside of the box with some of them and that is making it lots of fun! Just 342 days left till Halloween! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.