10/2/10

I’m shameless

Absolutely shameless, and a slacker, to boot. The slacker complex creeps in every time I watch Julie & Julia. I feel like a slacker for not cooking (much) and for blogging even less. Not that any of that is going to change, mind you, but I do love watching that movie. Maybe if I watch it enough I will become immune to feeling inadequate. Or I will learn to ignore those feelings. But I won’t stop watching it.

Now for the shameless part. This card is an absolute shameless CASE of a card I saw on DarleneDesigns’ blog. It was so adorable, I couldn’t resist. She does some very clever things over there, you should go see. I didn’t take the time to change it up except using different stamps and a Nestability for the oval on the front, only because I don’t own all of the supplies she used.

001 003

There you have it. I will probably be making more of these at some point. They were fairly easy to do once I got the hang of it, and other images/punches could be used to vary the design.

Happy World Cardmaking Day to you all! Back to my movie.

Details:
Stamps: Hero Arts (wood grain, Happy Birthday, musical note), PaperTrey Ink (owl “feathers”, inside sentiment)
Other: SU Owl Punch, Copic markers, clear embossing powder, Nestability die – standard ovals

7 comments:

  1. Adorable, Jackie! I'm really not much for owls, but THIS is really cute! And I love Julie and Julia too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be a CASE but call you brill for finding it! Love the woodgrain, window and of course those owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CASE. Hey, when it's good "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"! You did an excellent job on this. I have been wanting to do a pop up card forever, and this is such a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing the link! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Jackie! I did find the zebra paper and some cool Martha Stewart sealer that brushes on to boot, allll ON SALE! Gotta love a sale! I will post the latest creations 2morrow. Thanks for visiting mine and leaviing me a comment, I don't get much action over there! I love your cute owl card! Soooo precious, I might have to lift that idea, hope you don't mind! I promise to give you the cred!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Jackie! I love that movie, too! Had to go check out her blog once I saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Jackie. Love the cute owls... great colors... and lay-out. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.