10/24/10

Something Wicked This Way Comes

It will very soon, All Hallows Eve is just around the corner, and you know what that means. Halloween cards! But first a few photos of the Renaissance Faire. We went opening weekend and there were lots of people there. It’s always crowded that weekend because tickets are cheaper than - $20 for two people rather than the regular price of $19 each. We are frugal that way. The traffic was backed up for miles, so we are not the only frugal old fogies in the neighborhood.

We saw this guy as soon as we walked in – yep, that’s a dragon on his shoulder. I couldn’t get a shot from the front, but it was quite the costume. When he moves the lever in his right hand, the wings flap. People really get into the whole Renaissance thing and it creates a wonderful atmosphere.

009

The Storyteller – she was a just a wee thing, and so pretty.

020

This guy was looking for something. He said it had big, billowy, white sails. I didn’t see it.  Good luck, buddy. Have some more ale and maybe it will magically appear.

 021

This is the costume I want for next year. I don’t know who this girl is but it suits her, don’t you think. It can’t be that hard to stitch up, right? It looks a lot more comfortable than some of the costumes we saw that day – boned corsets and such. Ouch.

037

The Ded Bob Sho – same routine as last year, unfortunately, but funny just the same.

 054

I’m not sure what this was all about but she had a duck on her head, a duck quacking whistle and a line of people following her. Lots of interesting sights to see here, that’s for sure.

055

Love the wings.

057

The Green Man – he is amazing to see. A big walking tree.Totally cool.

058

Harpist, is that what they are called? Check out those shoes.

061

I don’t know who these guys are but I love the costumes.

063 

The Painted Lady. Yes, that’s paint all over her. Made me want to offer her a wet wipe.

070

As we were leaving these people were kind enough to pose for a photo.

083

Thanks for hanging in there. Now for the cards…

The main image is all one stamp, from DRS Designs. The sentiment at the bottom is by Impression Obsession. I brayered the background using Marvy Inks – purple and a couple of shades of blue. I like the Marvy inks for brayering because they blend really well. I didn’t even have to use glossy paper. The background swirly stamp is also Impression Obsession, stamped with Making Memories White ink.

186 

Stamps by Impression Obsession. Instead of a brayer this time I used the jumbo daubers from Tsukineko. I love those things! They blend the inks really well and are easy on the fingers, too. I colored the rest of the image with Copic markers and added a little Stardust Stickles to the stars and moon for a little extra sparkle.

189

Stay tuned for more cards this week. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love the photos of the Renaissance Fair, looks like lots of fun. Great Halloween cards too. love the clothes and the kitty on the clothesline :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the MD Renaissance Fair, and it was a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't like was being pulled into acting circles. No thank you.

    Was that woman maybe the Kissing Wench? We had a Kissing Wench sitting with us for lunch. What a hoot.

    Looks like you had a great time.

    And I LOVE that DRS stamp image! All-in-one, you say? Hmmm ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I love that witch's line! Looks like a fun weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, favorite commentator line from the renaissance fair photos. . ."Made me want to give her a wet wipe." ROFL You are so funny. Don't know why I found that line to be hilarious. When I first saw the picture of her, made me want to pay for a breast reduction! LOL Your cards are wonderful and your brayering is really awesome. Love how the cat is hanging on the line in the second one. Really cute! Happy Halloween! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the Renaissance Faire, we always have fun at that but yours looks really cool! Ours is in a wooded area and it's really dusty, lol

    Was wondering about your daubering method - how do you avoid coloring the little items hanging from the clotheslines? Do you color those and the tree first or do you do the background first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee, I couldn't find an email address for you so I am going to reply here. I sponge the background first and use Copic markers to color the clothes on the line. They are alcohol based so they color over the light yellow just fine. I hope that helps.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.