12/28/10

More Birthday

Another birthday card, this time one for one of my friends. I don’t think she reads my blog very often and her card should arrive today, so I think I am safe in posting this.

I got one of the new Martha Stewart punches that punch anywhere on the page. They are in two pieces and have magnets that keep them together on the paper. I hoped there would be instructions on the inside of the package outlining how to line up multiple punches in a straight line, but no such luck. So I did it this way instead.

BoBunny paper for the front and the grass, Memory Box paper behind, for the flowers. I cut the grass with some decorative scissors first, then with the MS shredding scissors to make blades of grass. Some pink buttons with green and white twine tied through the holes, some May Arts ribbon for stems, and there you go. The grass and top layer are popped up on mounting foam and the buttons are attached with Glue Dots.

007-1

Here is the inside, I just couldn’t leave it plain. I used a Nestabilities Big Scalloped Circle for the sentiment and more Memory Box paper behind that. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and I colored it a little with a green Spica pen to give it a bit of a shimmer. The edges are sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves for a little dimension.

005I hope she likes it, I had a lot of fun making it.  There are a few more birthdays coming up soon, so hang in there. One of my goals this year is to post more consistently instead of every three or four months. To those of you who still read my blog, thanks for sticking with me!

3 comments:

  1. wow! great card and I hadn't seen those punches yet but now I will have to look :). my goal for the next year is to send out some of the cards that I make.....and on time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the design and springy color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered what the result would be on these new MS punches, and you made them look great! What a great idea to turn them into flowers. Love the button centers too. And I'll always read your blog no matter what! Best, C urt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.