2/16/11

Valentine’s cards

Ok, Curt, I hear you. Enough waiting, right? I haven’t been doing a lot of card making lately, we have all been sick with nasty colds but I did receive a couple of very pretty Valentine’s Day cards and even managed to make one for my sweetie.

Barbara sent me this gorgeous card. It looks like she used ink to color a doily a lovely shade of purple, it’s just beautiful! She is so creative.

010

Pat sent me this beautiful card. The window is cut using a Nestability, I think, and then she wrapped quilling paper all around a hand cut oval frame. Wow!

002

This is the one I made for my sweetie. Not a lot to it, just some patterned paper, some Papertrey stamps and a little ribbon. The little stickers are from my stash, I don’t remember where I got them.004

This is a Thank You card that Pat sent to me a while back. Same technique as the Valentine card but she used ribbon on this one and did two oval frames. Amazing! This photo does not do it justice, it is absolutely stunning in person. She offered to teach me the technique but I don’t have her patience, I’m afraid.

005  

That’s all I have for today. Thank you, Curt, for lighting a fire under me – I needed that! We are all feeling much better now so perhaps I can get back to creating this week. I have a couple of new Hero Arts stamps that need to be inked up :-)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the card you made for your hubby!Those cards that your friend, Pat made are terrific. I would love to learn to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a beauty! All the ones you received are beauties too. I'm glad I motivated you, but hope I didn't seem too "pushy" :P Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.