3/10/11

In Distress

Not me, my card. I have been messing around with the Distress Inks. I saw the Hero Arts blog a week or so ago and loved this card.

Card1 article wm

Here is my version:

076

I used Distress Inks to watercolor the background, stamped the “hello” stamp and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I inked up the stamp using the “walking through the ink” technique on the Hero Arts site and stamped it on the watercolor paper. Add a little lace, a couple of flowers with some twine and there you go. Oh, and I stamped the envelope pattern on the Kraft card before putting it all together.

The ink colors I used are Broken China, Peeled Paint, and Rusty Hinge. All stamps are from Hero Arts, as are the paper flowers.

I hope your week is going well, thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Did you every do a wonderful job with this technique. I'm so inspired to try this. Your results are amazing! Great job on this. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think we've all fallen in love with that card of Shari's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an amazing job on this card, it is Beautiful!great job with the distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...like that HA card too! Your take on it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, I love the colors you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like them both please!.....But I will settle for yours. It has more color! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kiddo! Just checking in on you to make sure that you are doing OK! Hope you are well. . .Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.