4/5/11

Happy Birthday

To no one in particular, just a Happy Birthday card I CASED from Inkspired Treasures the other day. Her card is here, and mine is a very close copy. Different stamps and paper, but the very same layout.

138

The flower stamp is Hero Arts and I’m not sure about the sentiment. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterfly and the papers are all Memory Box. I cut the scallops with a QuicKutz scallop die. Nothing special, just a fun little card. Hers turned out much better than mine, I think.

I tried my hand at making the twisted ribbon flowers I have been seeing everywhere, too.

The first one is my favorite and I think I used PTI Sweet Blush satin ribbon. The other ones were made with various ribbons from here and there. I did find that softer, more supple ribbon makes a prettier flower, and is easier to work with. I used Scor Tape sheets to stick the ribbon down, and it is holding very well.

124 125 126

This one is made with some May Arts ribbon that I won on their Facebook page – gorgeous coral/peachy colored satin center and sheer edges, very pretty ribbon. A little wide for using on a card, though, it’s 1-1/2” wide.

127

These were fun to make and I will try to get them on some cards soon. I am also planning either a tutorial, or perhaps even a video, so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all staying safe in these storms we’ve been having. They are coming our way tonight but not until the wee hours of the morning :-(. I’d love to stay up and enjoy the thunder and lightning but I have to be up early in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring birthday card, Jackie! I'm impressed with your ribbon flowers too. Wowzers! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for the tutorial on the flowers, they are Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.