6/24/11

It’s about time, right?

I was recently reminded that I haven’t posted anything since June 2. The reason for that is I hadn’t made anything to post. I just haven’t been feelin’ the mojo lately. But, when I saw this card by Paperlicious I became inspired and just had to CASE it. I also did a couple of variations on that theme.

This is what I have to show for it:

073

This is the original CASE of Joan’s card. I used a different sentiment and left off the ribbon on the side, but other than that it’s almost identical.

077

Then I discovered something about that PTI set (Butterfly Dreams). The outline of the butterfly also fits perfectly (when stamped precisely) over the solid butterfly images. Imagine that.

I used Memento ink and a couple of custom ink pads made with Tsukineko reinkers for these images. I don’t know if Tsukineko makes single color ink pads other than the Memento inks, but I wish they would. I have some Kaleidacolor pads and liked several of the colors in them, so I just got some uninked pads and the reinkers and made my own. They are by far the best inks for clear stamps, in my opinion. I found it easier to stamp the solid (patterned) image first and then stamp the outline over it. Most of them lined up quite well. The butterflies above the sentiment were done with a Martha Stewart punch.

087084082

I custom colored some pearls and gemstones with Copic markers to match the butterflies.

088          089

The idea of stacking things along the left side of the card led me to this:

090

These images are from an older Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Set. They are colored with Copic markers and I used 3 different sets of googlie eyes on the owls. The sentiment is, of course, Papertrey Ink. These owl cards make ME smile! I made several of them, smiling the whole time.

My mojo has once again gone missing, but at least I have some all occasion cards on hand. If anyone happens to find my mojo anywhere, please send it along. I will be forever grateful. It is a slippery little devil and sneaks away whenever it gets the chance. I really do need to keep a closer eye on it.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome job Jackie! Love your take on Joan's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these rock. LOVE the owls. Glad I could inspire a bit of mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan's card caught my eye too! your cards are great, loving those bright bold colors with all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total Awesomeness! You know what this means now don't you????? I have to go to PTI and look at that set which means I'll probably have to buy it, so technically, coming here has just cost me some money!!!! LOL Your cards are just amazing. Love how brightly colored they are. Perfect summer cards. LOVE your take with the owls too. For someone who lost their mojo you certainly did a great job! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SUPER! I saw Joan's card, too, and I have plans to be inspired by it myself!

    PS: May your mojo return soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are DELIGHTFUL. I'm in love with the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you find your mojo, you really turn out some beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome! Wow! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards have lifted my spirits, wherever they are??? I would say the eyes have it. I am in love with the bottom ladies eyes!!! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! Thanks for the great comments you always leave me! The set is made by Sizzix and it is called "Fall Set". It came in a set of two and it is the larger size embossing folder. The other folder that came with it is really fun. It is a Fall scene. . .a country fence, a big tree, and some pumpkins. Here is a link to the set:

    http://www.sizzix.com/product/2305

    Hope that helps! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you get inspired, you really get the job done! These cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woop! Woop! Woop! Missing one of my favorite card makers! Missing one of my favorite card makers! Alert! Alert! Hope you are well! :P Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only you can stop the disappointment. . .there are fellow card makers out there that come here hoping to find beautiful work, and yet find nothing new to see. They leave very sad and disappointed and are left with a empty feeling inside. So won't you post soon? Won't you give these poor, hopeful fans of yours something to make them happy? Remember, only you can stop the disappointment. . .This has been a public service announcement. . . :P Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the pain and torture of it all. . .I need a fix of Jackie's cards!!!! I may have to seek counseling soon! Miss you! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a question. . .do you know of any program out there that helps card makers who are suffering from withdrawal? Cause I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms from not seeing anything new on your blog! Please help me!!!! Hope you are well! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.