I have had these stamps for months and not inked them up, so I thought it was time. I liked the images but couldn’t figure out what to do with them until I saw this card on Kimberly’s blog.
Here is my version. I colored the image with Copic markers, sponged the edges of the patterned paper (Memory Box paper, I think) with some Distress Ink, cut out the image and popped it up on some foam tape. The pattern on the Kraft card stock is from the screen in the window where I was taking the photo, it’s not stamped. Which is a good thing because it is really crooked.
I made another card using a different Stampendous stamp – I just love these images. They remind me of Italy. I’ve never been there, but I have seen lots of photos and it is high on my list of places to go someday.
Same process as the one above but different patterned paper. I stamped the center piece with an Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamp, trimmed it with some deckle edge scissors and sponged the edges with some Wild Honey Distress ink. Instead of sponging the edges of the patterned paper I just layered it on to some black card stock.
It was difficult to keep from adding ribbon, bling, or something else fussy, but in the end I think they look best with the focus on the main image.
I will be using these stamps a little more often. The coloring was pretty easy to do and since they have irregular edges I don’t have to stress over cutting the edges straight. I am no good with scissors but I keep trying.
On another note, I saw this cool Copic marker storage idea on Pinterest. I had mine stored in Eldon X-Cubes and it was getting a little tight so I got some Foam Board, grabbed my X-acto knife and rulers, and gave it a try. I won’t be posting photos of mine. They are functional but not as pretty as hers, I’m afraid. The hardest part was getting the grooves for the shelves to line up. I made 3 of them and the last one was the best, of course, but there was no way I was going to make two more. They work for me and it’s not like my craft room is going to be in House Beautiful any time soon, so I am content with them as they are. I used 3 sheets of 20” x 30” Foam Board for all of them and 2 of them hold all of my Copic and Prismacolor markers, with room for more, so I’m happy. I put my Sharpies, Bic and other markers in the other one. The final cost was around $10, not including the glue – I have lots of that. She used hot glue on hers, and I tried one with that but I didn’t like it. The glue dries too quickly, so I ended up using Aleene’s Quick Dry tacky glue (and maybe just a little clear packing tape), which I found to be easier to work with.
BTW, if you haven’t tried Pinterest yet, I suggest you give it a try. You can find some really cool stuff on there and pin it to your own board for future reference. There is a link to my boards on the right sidebar. Check it out and let me know what you think.