8/20/11

A Birthday Card

Not for me, but for a friend of mine whose birthday is this weekend. I saw a card very much like this somewhere online recently and loved the way the Spellbinders dies were layered. I just got this BG paper pad and the papers are so pretty together. The pink strip is just a scrap I had in my stash.
While the die cut was still in the die I sponged some Memento Bamboo Leaves over it for a little bit of contrast.

It isn’t too busy, is it? I hope she liked it, I enjoyed making it.

IMG_0020

Patterned paper - Basic Grey’s Sweet Threads 6 x 6 paper pad
Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three, Large Labels, and Labels 21
Sentiment - Close to my Heart
White gel pen, Hero Arts gems, May Arts lace.

2 comments:

  1. I love the combination! I may even have those dies in my stash. No, it's not too much - the sponging definitely provides the needed contrast. Beautiful - into my CASE file. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loved it! It is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.