8/17/11

Card boxes

My sister is taking me to Florida next month as a birthday gift, so I made a couple of card boxes and filled them with cards for both of my sisters as small thank you gifts. There’s no need to show you the cards since I have posted all of them in the past, but here are the boxes.

The first step was creating the boxes. I thought I had it all worked out. I measured and cut and scored and taped, and the cards fit perfectly. Then I remembered I should probably include envelopes. That’s when my well thought out plan fell apart. They didn’t fit. Great. Now what?

I laid the envelopes on top of the cards and put the lid on, added a belly band or some ribbon to hold it all together. But I didn’t like it. I laid awake for hours one night trying to work out new measurements in my head. I got up the next morning and set to work making new box bottoms with my new measurements and it worked beautifully! I will see if I can get some instructions together soon and post them if anyone is interested.

113

Memory Box patterned paper, Martha Stewart butterfly punches and doily, and Papertrey flower and leaf dies cut from felt.

110114

I hope you are all having a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. These are Stunning! I love them and would love it if you shared the dimensions for your boxes. Do you think you could make them on the Silhouette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful boxes and I am certain your sisters will be thrilled. I would love to have some instructions! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! BTW, I think there's a template on SCS for A2 boxes that hold the envelopes, too. I plan to make some, one of these days, in my spare time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.