8/15/11

Cards!

I made some thank you cards for all of my wonderful birthday gifts and, as usual, forgot to take photos before I mailed them but I did make a couple of extras to have on hand so I was able to get photos of those, at least.

I have seen several examples of using the negative space from die cuts lately and I really liked what I saw, so I decided to try it. These are the results - I love it!

I used a Spellbinders butterfly die for this one. It does emboss a tiny bit around the edges, but it’s not that noticeable. I raised the white piece up on foam tape to give it a little more dimension. The matching patterned paper and ribbon are both from Papertrey. The sentiment is Hero Arts.

105

I used a Papertrey die for this one and added a button with twine. The sentiment is Hero Arts.

107

I also used a Papertrey butterfly die on a couple of the others but since I didn’t get photos I can’t show those to you Sad smile. I tried using a Sizzlit die but it left the impression of the square part of the die, so that didn’t work. It really needs to be a Spellbinders, Memory Box, or other similar type of die to work. If anyone knows how to use a Sizzlit die and not get the square impression, please share your secret.

Thanks for hanging in there with me in my long posting absences and I won’t offer any promises of posting more frequently so I won’t have to break those promises!

3 comments:

  1. I love the negative space. In fact, you just gave me a great idea for using up all my PTI stuff.

    And no, I don't know how to use a sizzlet without getting the square impression. Do let me know if you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, these are wonderful! I love all the white space with those pops of color. The button with twine looks great as the center of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jackie - I need to take a closer look at my dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.