8/20/11

One more box

I can’t remember if I posted this one before, but if I have it has been a long time. This makes such a pretty gift box for cards that I thought I would post it again, with instructions. I found some instructions here on Val Stangle’s blog after I had already made mine a little differently. Either method works fine.

IMG_0016

This is how it looks empty:

IMG_0015

Here is the template I used. I started with an 8-1/2” x 11” pieces of card stock and scored as indicated on the photo.

IMG_0017-1

The assembly is the same as for the box I posted previously with the exception of the top, which is the piece that’s scored at 2” and 3”. The small flaps still get adhered onto the inside of the box but the large piece gets folded over the outside and around the back of the box like so:

IMG_0018 IMG_0019

I punched the same half circle notch in the end of this box to make it easier to remove the cards. This one doesn’t hold as many cards and envelopes as the previous box, but if the cards were not overly embellished you could probably get 8 or so in there.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.