8/25/11

Twisted Yellow Rose

I thought I had posted this one a long time ago but apparently I didn't. It's very similar toone I posted back in May, so maybe that's why I didn't put it up. But, here it is now!

Another birthday card. Not for anyone in particular, just to have on hand. I’ve been making some more twisted flowers and this is one of the better ones. I used some golden yellow satin ribbon, added a pearl to the center and mounted it on to a doily die cut (one of Martha’s, I think) with some felt leaves peeking out of the side. The leaves are cut with a Papertrey die and some wool felt I bought on etsy.


038

I punched the border with a Martha punch, added some Memory Box patterned paper, a Hero Arts sentiment, and a little more of the ribbon from which the flower was made. Put it all on a piece of Papertrey card stock - done. Ready to send.
I really enjoy making these flowers. Once I get in the groove I can make lots and lots of them. The satin ribbon does work best for me. If you saw my ribbon stash you would think I have enough to make hundreds of these, but not all of the ribbon works that well, unfortunately. I do have some pretty grosgrain and lots of sheer ribbon but I just don’t like the way they turn out.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is going well.

3 comments:

  1. You really do a beautiful job on those flowers. This is a beautiful card. I love the color of the ribbon you used for it. Beautiful!!! Hope you are well and not affected by Irene. . .Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! That card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello???? Hello???? Excuse me. . . .anybody here??? Has anybody seen Jackie???? OK, I'll try back later. . .hope she is doing well. . . Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.